New York City is always an exciting destination, but there’s something special about visiting in the spring. With the weather warming up and the trees in Central Park starting to bloom, the city comes alive with energy and color. Here are some of the best things to do in NYC this spring.
- Visit the Cherry Blossom Festival If you’re lucky enough to be in NYC in late April or early May, don’t miss the Cherry Blossom Festival at the Brooklyn Botanic Garden. This annual event celebrates the beauty of the garden’s many cherry blossom trees, which come into full bloom during this time of year. Visitors can take guided tours, watch cultural performances, and enjoy Japanese food and drink.
- Take a Stroll in Central Park As the weather warms up, Central Park becomes a hub of activity. Take a leisurely stroll through the park’s many winding paths, stopping to admire the blooming flowers and lush greenery. If you’re feeling more active, rent a bike or take a jog around the park’s many trails.
- Attend a Rooftop Bar There’s nothing quite like sipping a cocktail while taking in the stunning views of the city skyline. Rooftop bars are a quintessential part of the NYC experience, and there are many to choose from. Some popular options include The Ides at the Wythe Hotel, Westlight at the William Vale, and the Roof at the Park South Hotel.
- Visit the Brooklyn Flea Market The Brooklyn Flea Market is a must-visit destination for anyone who loves vintage and artisanal goods. Open on weekends throughout the spring and summer, this outdoor market features over 100 vendors selling everything from handmade jewelry to antique furniture. You’re sure to find a unique treasure or two to take home with you.
- Take a Walk Across the Brooklyn Bridge The Brooklyn Bridge is one of NYC’s most iconic landmarks, and it’s even more stunning in the springtime. Take a leisurely walk across the bridge, enjoying the views of the Manhattan skyline and the East River. Be sure to bring your camera – you’ll want to capture the stunning vistas.
- Catch a Baseball Game at Yankee Stadium or Citi Field Spring is baseball season, and there’s nothing quite like catching a game in person. Whether you’re a Yankees fan or a Mets fan, both stadiums offer a great experience. Take in the sights, sounds, and smells of the ballpark while cheering on your favorite team.
- See a Broadway Show No trip to NYC is complete without seeing a Broadway show. Spring is a great time to catch some of the hottest shows of the season, like Hamilton or Dear Evan Hansen. Be sure to book your tickets in advance – shows can sell out quickly.
These are just a few of the many things to do in NYC this spring. With so much to see and experience, you’ll want to plan your itinerary carefully to make the most of your visit. Whether you’re a first-time visitor or a seasoned NYC veteran, you’re sure to fall in love with the city all over again in the springtime.